Wednesday, April 29, 2009

UniSa O-Week Formula SAE display







As assistant team manager of UniSa Motorsport, the University of South Australia's Formula SAE team, I was roped into helping take the display car to the Uni open week on my 21st birthday. This enabled me to spend my birthday pushing undriveable racecars, hiring trailers from bogans and backing said car trailer down a long and narrow driveway into the Magill Campus. Why is this such a big deal? Well, I designed the logo for the team, the very logo you see in the white banner in the first photo. This makes it the first thing Ive designed thats actually gone into real life use, albeit at a very low level. Kodak moment! The last photo shows the chassis of UniSA09, this years Formula SAE car. My final year Industrial Design project is to design the bodywork of this car so look out for more updates about the SAE car!

No comments:

Post a Comment