Thursday, April 30, 2009

Easter Historic race meeting at Mallala







Once again, more of the pipe dreams. In the USA the 70's were a heady time for motor racers - not only were the big Can-Am cars roaring around but a new class was emerging, called Formula Ford. Today FF is for young, hard charging up and comers with big budgets, and there was an element of that back in the 70's at the pointy end of the field. However, it was possible for a person of moderate means to purchase a car that was a few seasons old and still race it reasonably competitivly. Fun times and much action came about. I think 70's Formula Fords look great, and these examples I found at Mallala perfectly stand for what I'm talking about. Pity theres a little thing called historic racing now and old Formula cars are worth a fortune.
I dont think I need to continue about my soft spot for old Porsche's, however I really liked this one. The owner was a nice guy who talked us through the car for a while, and this is very close to perfection. The interior has really inspired me for the X19, as this is the kind of look that I'm aiming for.

1 comment:

  1. I beleive that is John Nelson in the Porsche, I could be wrong tho. Also has an old 'Rrari amongst his collection. Very nice guy.

    ReplyDelete